In this article, you will come to know about tips and tricks for Yahoo! Mail on Windows 10. On your windows 10 devices, you will see a preinstalled mail application or email software. This application is installed on your device to allow you to access your mails from email accounts like Yahoo!, Gmail and Hotmail on a single platform. The mail application on your windows 10 devices works in synchronization with the Calendar app. It is now easy to create and manage events, schedule, contact and reminders. So here are few tips and tricks to help you start off with.
How to Set Up Your Email Account in Windows 10 ?
- To add your email account on mail app you have to click on Start>All Apps>Mail to open the pre-loaded mail application on your windows 10 device.
- Go to the gear icon given on the bottom right corner of the screen. This will open the ‘Settings’.
- Click on ‘Accounts’. You will be directed to a ‘Choose an account’ page.
- Click on the ‘Add account’ and select the email provider from the list.
- Enter your login details in the required field. Click on ‘Allow’ to grant the access to your email account. You will receive a message “Your account was successfully set up”. Click on ‘Done’ after it. You can now exit the application. Launch the mail app to access your emails on your Windows 10 device. You can now manage your emails on you windows 10 devices.
- You can also add a new mail account to the Mail app.
Customize Your Email Account Settings in the Mail App
After you’ve added your email account to the ‘Mail’ app, you can modify your settings. Go to your mailbox and right click on it. Select the ‘Account Settings’.
How to Change an Email Account Name
You can reset the email account name by typing the desired name in the Account Name field.
The ‘Delete account’ option given below is used to delete the particular account for the mail app.
How to Configure Your Email Sync Settings
Under the account name, go to the Change Mailbox Sync Settings to open the additional options. Through the download new email option, you can choose the time how often you want the mail app to check for new emails.
In case you’re having slow internet connection, you can uncheck the box ‘Always download full message and Internet images’. You will be able to view the snippets of the incoming messages.
The ‘sync options’ will allow you to select the things you want to sync with your mail account.
The Advanced mailbox settings can be used to configure the options like an incoming mail server, outgoing mail server, calendar server and contacts server.
How to Personalize the Mail App
You can also customize the mail app according to your choice and needs. You can make the interface more eye-catching and enjoyable. Click on Settings>Personalization to choose the color and background for your Mail app.
For more information : click here
Related blogs to Yahoo :